There is nothing quite like the feeling of a fresh pair of sneakers; the crisp colours, sharp details, and not to mention the comfort with each step.
But that feeling doesn’t always last. To keep your sneakers looking and feeling their best, caring for them is essential.
Here is the best way to clean your sneakers (from fellow sneaker lovers):
- Start by taking out the laces and soaking them in a bowl with warm soapy water
- Use a soft-bristled brush to gently remove any loose dirt and debris from the surface of the sneakers
- Gently scrub a small amount of sneaker cleaner (Walters is our go-to) in a circular motion on your sneakers using a soft brush head. Spend a little more time on tough stains or marks.
- Use a clean, damp cloth to wipe away any remaining dirt and soap off the sneakers
- To clean the soles, you can use the same sneaker cleaner (if you are using the Walters product) to scrub the dirt off. Or if you want to be creative, a tooth brush with a small amount of baking soda may also do the trick!
- Give the sneakers one last wipe with a damp cloth. Then, stuff them with paper towels (or a clean cloth) to help hold their shape as they dry
- Rinse off the laces with clean water
- Place both the sneakers and the laces in a spot away from direct sunlight (and heat) where they can properly air-dry
- Wait overnight for your sneakers to fully dry. Re-lace your sneakers and enjoy the fresh feeling of slipping into clean, crisp pair of sneakers!
For more tips and tricks on how to care for your shoes, connect with one of our team members to continue to Move Well, Be Well.